The wp plug-in No Category Base (WPML) is ideal to use. This plugin is build by Marios Alexandrou. Marios Alexandrou is a WP plugin developer. For the plug-in to work you need to have at least wordpress v 5.0. Total there are 29 users that rated No Category Base (WPML).
No Category Base (WPML) is used 100.000 times! The plugin has a score of 92 out for 100, 25 people gave it a 5 star rating.
Questions about No Category Base (WPML)
Where can I install No Category Base (WPML)
Common question about No Category Base (WPML)
Where do I download No Category Base (WPML)?
You can get the extension with the Download button.
How do I use No Category Base (WPML)?
The docs for the extension can be found on several locations. You can read it via the wordpress website
Is No Category Base (WPML) safe to download?
Yes it’s sure safe to use No Category Base (WPML). But you have to be sure to always update your WP, and do not skip your backups
Where van we get support for No Category Base (WPML)?
Via the site of the developer|wordpress|the wordpress forum you can get support from the creator
|Name||No Category Base (WPML)|
|Last update||2022-02-17 11:30am GMT|
As the name suggests this plugin will completely remove the mandatory ‘Category Base’ from your category permalinks ( e.g. ‘mysite.com/category/my-category/’ to ‘mysite.com/my-category/’ ).
The plugin requires no setup or modifying core wordpress files and will not break any links. It will also take care of redirecting your old category links to the new ones.
- Better and logical permalinks like ‘mysite.com/my-category/’ and ‘mysite.com/my-category/my-post/’.
- Simple plugin – barely adds any overhead.
- Works out of the box – no setup needed.
- No need to modify WordPress files.
- Doesn’t require other plugins to work.
- Compatible with sitemap plugins.
- Compatible with WPML.
- Works with multiple sub-categories.
- Works with WordPress Multisite.
- Redirects old category permalinks to the new ones (301 redirect, good for SEO).